On strike, because:
- Any loss of ground will affect future generations
- The increasing commodification and casualisation of education
- Dismantling of public services and commons
- General pressure put on staff and students that result in bad mental health and enforce inequalities
- Pay increases at the top, pay cuts at the bottom
- Disproportionate influence of Oxbridge colleges on worsening working conditions
Why we strike by Waseem Yaqoob (London Review of Books article)
Many thanks to all the students and admin staff at Leicester for support, tea, biscuits and crisps!
Shout out to all the people stuck in bad working conditions in academia and beyond!
PS: and no LGBT+ History Month without proper queer power!